Saturday, August 9, 2008

My first set of stitches!

Check out my sweet set of stitches! I made it this long in life until I finally did it good enough to have to get sewn up! Let me tell you... it hurts worse when the needle goes in your fingertip to numb than the pain of the actual cut. OUCH!

So here is the glorious story: As some of you know I am a medical assistant, self explanatory... I assist the doctor with all of his procedures, which includes vasectomies. (if you don't know what a vasectomy is, lets just say it is pretty much neutering a male... I know, isn't my job great) The doctor couldn't get the blade cover off the razor to prep the patient, so he held it toward me to remove it and right as the cover came off my finger ran across the razor edge and bingo, I ended up with a fantastic fountain of red out of my fingertip (good thing the patient was on Valium & sedated enough to not notice a single thing) So there is my story, no great heroic injury, but I am sure this is a one of a kind! ;)

8 comments:

Chantell and Brock said...

OOOOUCH! I am so scared to ever get stitches! I have never had them yet. (knocking on wood right now)That freaken sucks!

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

that is kinda a funny story! and a great one to tell!! :) sorry you ended up with stitches- especially right on the end of your finger where you touch and grab everything! does it hurt now?

C & E said...

Workers Comp! At least you're smart enough to get hurt in a doctors office where he can fix you right up. Awesome story!

Melissa said...

I was a witness and I am here to tell you that you were very brave little one - you deserved a sticker and sucker.

Josh and Brittany Redd said...

Ouchy! No fun. You and Brandon I think are a little accident prone. LOL. I hope Brandon's knee is feeling ok. Keep us posted on what is going on with it.

Amy said...

I would have requested Valium. Your finger's vasectomy looks painful! I have some bad news for you....your finger can no longer have babies.

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

hey- we are going private ! so leave me a comment with your email so I can add you! thanks!

J and Stac said...

Wow that sucks!!! You went a long time with out stiches, I am impressed! I am so glad you wrote....I love your blog! Looks like you two have been busy havin fun this summer! I love that you were assisting a vasectomy, that makes the story for sure! Keep in touch!